We invite all interested students of Vienna University of Economics (WU), University of Vienna and Technical University of Vienna either in the Bachelors programme with a specialization in finance or at the beginning of a compatible Masters programme, as well as PhD students and students at University of Vienna or Technische Universität Vienna with specializations in finance or related subjects, to apply for the unique opportunity to join the Portfolio Management Program (PMP).
We are looking for qualified and motivated students with an academic background in finance who are willing to invest parts of their spare time to experience the world of asset management together with a team of other motivated students.
Besides the technical qualification, we are looking for proactive students who are willing to bear the responsibility of managing a real-world portfolio, since the future success of the program depends as well on the performance of the portfolios.
Participation in the program lasts for two years. In the first year, the students are engaged as analysts supporting the students who are in their second year, who are actually managing the portfolio. This structure ensures that incoming students acquire the necessary skills to manage the portfolio in their second year as well as it stimulates the exchange of knowledge between the students.
To apply for the 19th class of the Portfolio Management Program please send us a motivation letter, CV and your transcripts either in English or German (as one pdf-document) within the application period. You can apply via online form or e-mail.
The deadline for the application window is the
20th of Sept. at 11:59 p.m.,
whereas the official start of the program is in October 2021.
What we expect:
• Participation at weekly meetings, expert talks and presentations
• Preparation of research reports of analysed asset classes and strategies
• Participation in special trainings (Bloomberg, FactSet,…)
• Ongoing market research and supervision of the portfolio
What we offer:
• The chance to combine financial theory with practice
• Facilities in the first district with 24/7 access
• Access to Bloomberg, MacroBond and other tools
• Research from independent research providers and banks
• Interesting talks with market experts and your tutors